Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Prayer for Healing

If you are new to this blog... Welcome! Please take some time to read the previous posts (see left side navigation bar), especially The Power of Prayer. We invite you to visit this blog daily and Say a new Prayer everyday. We invite you to Share your favorite prayer and to send in your Prayer Requests or petitions. Encourage your families and friends to do the same. Feel free to leave your comments on each post. Or you can read the instructions on How to Share or Request for a Prayer in this blog..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Sacred Heart of Jesus

Lord Jesus Christ,

You invite all who are burdened to come to You.
Allow Your healing hand to heal me.

Touch my soul with Your courage
and infinite love for all.

Touch my mind with Your wisdom,
that my mouth may always
proclaim Your praise.

Teach me to reach out to You in my need,
and help me to lead others to You
by my example.

Most loving Heart of Jesus,
bring me health in body and spirit
that I may serve You
with all my strength.

Touch gently this life which
you have created
now and forever.

Amen

source: Priests of the Sacred Heart
Sacred Heart Monastery
Hales, Corners, WI 53130

We continue to pray for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
May they trust in the Healing Power of God
to touch their lives and help them rebuild their lives.
We pray too that Hurricane Rita does not
cause further damage to the Gulf Coast.
We pray for peace and protection at all times.
We pray for our troops in Iraq.
May God bless, protect and strengthen them.
We pray for world peace.
We pray for a better tomorrow...
for all the children around the world.
This we ask through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen.